Our Lady of the Cape School ICT Vision
Our Lady of the Cape Primary School endeavours to provide all staff and students with the skills, tools and mind set to achieve success in a rapidly changing technological and information rich world. We aim to develop our staff, students and parents into responsible digital citizens who are able to interact collaboratively as members of the connected global community. By integrating information and communication technologies into all areas of the Australian curriculum we aim to provide powerful and effective tools to engage students, empower teachers and involve parents in developing lifelong learners.
Our Lady of the Cape also recognises the importance if Information Communication & Technology (ICT) as an integral and key resource to the education of all students in the school.
Commencing in 2013 at Our Lady of the Cape, the student's in Years 4, 5 & 6 will be using 1:1 iPads with a parent funded iPad Programme.
Our Lady of the Cape also provides all student's access to classroom desktop computers, iPads and laptops across all year levels.
Click on the links below to view the apps that are used on the Year 4, 5 and 6 iPads at OLC.
Apps For Year 4 iPads
Apps for Year 5 iPads
Apps for Year 6 iPads
Listed below are some of the issues that have been encountered by families when setting up or using the iPads. Click on the links to get possible solutions.
- I have clicked on the link emailed to the iPad by the school to download a paid app but the app is not on the iPad. If I click on the emailed link again I receive a message to say the app is already redeemed. Click here for a solution.
- I am trying to download an app using the App Store on the iPad but the Purchase\Free button is greyed out. Click here for a solution.
- An app has been downloaded into iTunes but it does not appear on the iPad when synced. Click here for a solution.
- An app is no longer on the iPad after I make a change to the 'Allow Apps Rated' setting under Restrictions on the iPad. Click here for a solution.
- I get a message to say that the iCloud storage is reaching its limit. Click here for a solution.
- I need to reduce the size of my iCloud backup as it has run out of space? Click here for a solution.
- The sound on the iPad plays correctly but is very low or can't be heard through the headphones. Click here for a solution.
- How do I change the email address used for the Apple ID? Click here for a solution.
- How do I change the password of the Apple ID? Click here for a solution.
- How do I turn Location Services off? Click here for a solution.
- In iTunes what is the difference between syncing, backup and transferring purchases? Click here for a description.
- I want to change backing up my device from iCloud to iTunes. Click here for a description.
Be Web Smart is a web site offering articles, tips, guidance and reviews for parents who want to keep their families safe and productive online.